The End of Year (EOY) Competition is the highlight of each Castle Craig Camera Club season; here are the requirements:
• Using the usual competition timelines/deadlines, enter up to 3 (three) images of your choice in each category: Digital Open, Creative Artistry, Salon Monochrome Print, Salon Color Print (Note: any previously submitted Special Category photos must be entered in the “Digital Open” category for EOY).
• All Images must have been previously entered during that season.
• Images must be entered as they were originally submitted. Do not change anything about the submission. This means each must be submitted with the same matting /mount and titles. No alterations!
• All EOY photos will be judged in A and B divisions as usual.
End of Year ~ Special Awards Categories
The EOY competition also includes 4 (four) prestigious “Special Award” Categories honoring photographers who have positively influenced the Castle Craig Camera Club. Please note the rules here are different:
• These must be photos Never Used before – in our competitions or any other competitions!
• You are allowed to submit only one (1) Photo in each of the Special Awards Category.
• All entries must be submitted digitally, including the Paul Hansen Black and White, which will also be in print format using our standard Monochrome competition guidelines – however no color will be allowed – only Monochrome.
• EOY Special Awards are NOT separated by A and B makers, all are judged together!
*** The Willis Cone Wildflower Medal ***
This must be a photo of a Wildflower and must be shot in its natural environment. If it does not fit the criteria of a wildflower it could be eliminated … please know the difference!
*** The Everett Wilson Landscape Medal ***
Landscape photographs typically capture the presence of nature but can have manmade features or manmade disturbances of the landscape.
*** The Daniel Kahn Creativity Medal ***
This award is judged using our creative image artistry guidelines. This should be a photograph that is highly manipulated to ultimately present a different creative vision.
*** The Paul Hanson Black and White Medal (print) ***
This is a true Black and White PRINT Submission. No color can be used in these!
ALL JUDGES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL!